Earlier in the week, I talked about how Google changed things up in regards to local search results. If you have not read my previous article in this series, please read Part 1.
For those of you that were waiting on what to do. If your business has been affected or are a business looking for more customers, pay close attention.
There are 3 Google Tools that must be optimized correctly in order to have the slightest changes to show up in the local search results when customers look for a business like yours. The question is, are you using these tools correctly.
So let me just come out and ask it… Do you know if your Google My Business profile is verified and optimized? If you’re like most business owners I talk to you probably have absolutely no clue. And that’s OK. For now, it doesn’t matter if you have an unverified incomplete profile that’s only 50% filled out
Or even. No profile started at all! This article will transform your life and the life of your business.
And here’s why:
In this article I’m going to show you how to get your profile 100% optimized so you increase the likelihood of showing up on Page 1 of the “Maps Results”. I know you’re extremely busy so I’ll make this quick. The faster you get your Google My Business listing completed and optimized, the faster you’ll start seeing traffic to your website and phone calls coming into your business.
Here are the 5 Steps to completing your profile and having it convert more visitors into actual customers and clients:
- Step #1: Create your Google Profile Account and make sure it’s Verified. Often time’s google will mail you a postcard with a verification code to make sure you are actually located at the address you give. And to make sure you’re a legitimate business. This will deliver higher amount clicks and ultimately more lead conversions.
- Step #2: ‘Correctly’ categorize your profile so that users will be able to easily and quickly locate the exact services you’re providing and match that up to what they are looking for! Surely you’ve heard of a “Keyword” You know, the phrase someone types into Google when looking for a product or service like yours. Your categories should be related to those keywords as closely as possible!
- Step #3: Upload at least 10 photos related to the service you offer. We’re in a “Social” world and people are drawn to nice photos! This is a biggie that is often overlooked! And here’s a little ninja trick that can help even more…
- Take your 10 photos and name each photo one of your chosen keywords. Once you’ve done that… THEN you can upload them into your Google My Business listing.
- Step #4: Update your profile with the correct contact info, a detailed description (with a couple of your main keywords included) and you absolutely must include your hours of operation!
- Step #5: The last thing you need to do is connect your all three “Google Tools” together to get the biggest bang for your buck.
Write these down…
- Google My Business
- Google Maps
- Google+ Plus
Connecting the three will show your prospects that you’re a legitimate, fully operating local business and position you as an Authority in the eyes of your customers AND Google! After taking each step in perfecting your profile, making sure to be as descriptive and detail oriented as possible.
ALL you need to do is “regularly” publish MIND BLOWING content to keep your profile right in front of your prospects face and when they need your services, you’ll be “top of mind” and you’ll get the phone call instead of your competition…
I hope this article has been helpful to you and your business. Get on my email list today to get first access to an e-Book I am developing that will show you these strategies in more detail.